Work experience is essential for getting a job. The Young Workers Volunteer Program is aimed at young adults who want to clarify career goals and gain intercultural knowledge.
This 12-months program provides you with an easily accessible opportunity for effecting positive societal change through volunteering, while improving your skills and competences for personal, educational, and professional development. Non-formal and formal learning opportunities during the program will enable you to acquire essential competences for personal growth in order to become an Active Global Citizen, thereby improving your employment prospects and facilitating your transition into the labor market.
The various projects in this program are looking for young, highly motivated team members to play an active part in their organization and to contribute to the daily work routine of the organization. The following project is one of the projects participating in the program.
Project Description: Community College
Within the Young Workers Volunteer Program, AFS Germany offers the possibility to work in one of the biggest institutions of adult education in Germany. The project is located in Esslingen in Baden-Württemberg, Southern Germany and is connected via the local public transport system to Stuttgart (15 minutes). As a Young Worker you will work in a community college that offers diverse cultural projects such as workshops, excursions, exhibitions, events and holiday programs.
- Community college in Esslingen
- The organisation is a non-profit organisation for adult and further education and is part of a Germany-wide network. In Germany, they are assigned to the quaternary education sector of continuing education.
- Offers courses and units of instruction on topics related to art, language, cooking, IT and work related skills, psychology, economy, etc.
- The courses offered by the organization consist of courses of various durations, usually between 1 and 15 weeks. As a rule, it is open to anyone aged 16 or over. There are courses that are tailored to the needs of working people. Others are aimed in particular at the unemployed or pensioners. Courses take place in the morning, in the evening or as an intensive course at the weekend. Many adult education centres carry out study trips and excursions and offer training courses for companies, associations, clubs or private individuals.
- Working language is German
- 12-months program participation